Attention: Judges, Coordinators, Treatment Providers, and Others Working with Veterans Treatment Courts
A crucial component of Veterans Treatment Courts is its relationship with the Veterans Justice Outreach program. The VJO specialist is a valuable resource for any treatment court, as he or she are able to connect veterans to the services they are entitled to from the VA. However, many VTCs struggle with how to successfully integrate the VJO specialist into their team.
To address this issue, the Justice Programs Office at American University is presenting a webinar entitled The VJO Specialist in Veterans Treatment Courts: The Glue Holding VTCs Together on Wednesday, November 9th, 2016 from 2:00 – 3:30 pm EST. Presenters include Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton (ret.); Ms. Mary Gillette, LISW-S; and Judge John Zottola.
This webinar will cover:
- The history of the VJO program, including the problems it was designed to address and some of the challenges it faces;
- The way a successful VJO program operates; and
- Lessons learned about VJO involvement; achievements and areas for improvement.
Date: Wednesday, November 9, 2016 from 2:00 PM – 3:30 PM Eastern
- Justice Evelyn Lundberg Stratton (ret.), Ohio Supreme Court
- Ms. Mary Gillette, LISW-S, Veterans Justice Outreach Coordinator, Chalmers P. Wylie VA Ambulatory Care Center, Ohio
- Judge John Zottola, Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, Court of Common Pleas
Link to Registration Info: