This webinar is hosted by the Battered Women’s Justice Project and is open to the public.
As criminal diversionary programs for justice-involved veterans continue to be implemented across our country, more attention is being directed towards female veterans in the criminal justice system.
Though research is limited in this area, existing studies have female veterans reporting more sexual trauma and more diagnoses of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) with more severe symptoms than their male counterparts.
With the percentage of women who make-up the military continuing to increase and the growth in women’s incarceration, focusing on issues for female veterans is critically important in the coming years.
This webinar will: examine what research tells us about female justice-involved veterans and where future research is focusing; address healthcare needs and what treatment and services are available and being provided through the Veterans Health Administration, and; provide a personal perspective from one female veteran who mentors others in a Veterans Treatment Court.
Justice Eileen Moore, Associate Justice on California’s 4th District Court of Appeal; Andrea Finlay, PhD, Research Health Scientist at the Center for Innovation to Implementation, VA Palo Alto Health Care System; Matthew Stimmel, Ph.D., Psychologist at Veteran’s Justice Outreach Specialist at the VA Palo Alto Health Care System
- A webinar is an online seminar and requires high speed internet access to connect.
- You will receive a confirmation email from firstname.lastname@example.org immediately after registering. If you don’t see it in your inbox, please check your spam or junk mail. Please keep this email as it contains the webinar and audio information needed to join the webinar. You will receive a reminder email the day before the webinar as well.
- Audio option include: 1) VoIP (free audio through the internet, speakers are required, a headset is recommended) or 2) dialing into a teleconference line. Your standard long distance charges will apply.
- Do you require closed captioning? BWJP requires 5 business days notice and you must request it when registering.
- Questions? Contact Kari Sonmore at email@example.com
Check back to the event website (link below) at a later date. Materials will be posted as soon as they are available.